Press Releases and Articles
4 December 2011, Press Releases, in Canada
"SCDS's 3D Imaging of the Church of the Nativity" is one of the most important scanning and documenting projects in the domain of Historical and Heritage Preservation. Besides, SCDS's proprietary workflows in 3D Imaging, metadataX™ was a critical success factor.
National Post (suggested reading on how "Canadians lend a high-tech hand in resurrecting Church of the Nativity")
Ottawa Citizen ("Canadian plays role in resurrecting 'birthplace of Jesus'")
The Vancouver Sun ("Laser scan by Montreal firm revealed flaws to 6th-century building erected at reputed site of Jesus's birth")
The Gazette (Montreal)
Calgary Herald ("Digital scanning will help repair birthplace of Jesus")
Times Colonist (Victoria)
The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon)
The Orthodox Church
SPAR Point Group (“SCDS scans the Church of the Nativity; Chance to exercise new metadataX software”)
Beliefnet, ChristianEducation.com ("Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity getting much-needed facelift")
SCDS gave two presentations at HEXAGON 2011 Int'l Conference, June 6-9, Orlando, FL, USA, both being delivered under HDS/Scanning track.
We are pleased to make both presentations available for viewing here (best viewed with PowerPoint 2003 or higher):
- The 1st presentation was part of Plant & Marine sub-track, was developed jointly with Hatch, and focused on how we managed to get a comprehensive set of spatial data via a reliable acquisition process, in a very difficult and highly contaminated working environment. We also showed how exactly the HDS data were made usable and integrated into client's processes and workflows.
- The 2nd presentation was within Heritage/Building sub-track, and brought out a representative implementation example illustrating the work on 3D Imaging, Data Processing, and Metadata Management via SCDS's metadataX, performed by SCDS within the International Project for "Survey, Study, Assessment and Conservation Plan for the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem". This presentation features the latest version of SCDS's Digital Museum of Nativity.
- AUSCULTATION PAR BALAYAGE LASER 3D POUR LA MODÉLISATION ET LE SUIVI DES PONTS
- 2007 Leica Geosystems HDS Worldwide User Conference, 2 papers
- CASI, Aero, Toronto, 2007
- SCDS in ARAB CONSTRUCTION WORLD, www.acwmag.com, February 2006/vol. XXIV Issue 2
- 7th International Conference on Short and Medium Span Bridges, 2006
APPLICATIONOF LONG RANGE 3D LASER SCANNING FOR REMOTE SENSING AND MONITORING OF COMPLEX BRIDGE STRUCTURES
White Papers: easyBIM™ (www.easyBIM.ca)