CSCE 2013 Annual Conference
"Effective Spatial Parameter Imaging Methodology for Assessing the Current Condition and Serviceability of Monolith Structures of St. Lawrence Seaway Locks" will be presented on 31st May, at the CSCE 2013 Annual Conference. The paper was jointly written by SCDS Corp. and SLSMC (The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation).
SCDS's methodological workflow that is centered on Spatial Parameter Imaging - SPI™ (US Patent Pending) has been validated and successfully applied to several projects, since 2005, within the broad scope of structural serviceability analysis and performance evaluation, in different domains, from Aerospace to Construction and Rehabilitation of Large Structures, Vertical Transportation Industry and Cultural Heritage Sites.
4 December 2011, Press Releases
"SCDS's 3D Imaging of the Church of the Nativity" is one of the most important scanning and documenting projects in the domain of Historical and Heritage Preservation. Besides, SCDS's proprietary workflows in 3D Imaging, metadataX™ was a critical success factor.
National Post (suggested reading on how "Canadians lend a high-tech hand in resurrecting Church of the Nativity")
Ottawa Citizen ("Canadian plays role in resurrecting 'birthplace of Jesus'")
The Vancouver Sun ("Laser scan by Montreal firm revealed flaws to 6th-century building erected at reputed site of Jesus's birth")
The Gazette (Montreal)
Calgary Herald ("Digital scanning will help repair birthplace of Jesus")
Times Colonist (Victoria)
The StarPhoenix (Saskatoon)
The Orthodox Church
SPAR Point Group (“SCDS scans the Church of the Nativity; Chance to exercise new metadataX software”)
Beliefnet, ChristianEducation.com ("Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity getting much-needed facelift")
Welcome to SCDS
Actively engaged internationally in 3D imaging technologies since 2002, SCDS offers successful product solutions for a broad range of applications including the design of custom 3D imaging expert systems, spatial data collection via HD Laser Scanning, Thermal and Subsurface Imaging, digitization, Spatial Parameter Imaging SPI™, reverse engineering and analysis of large structures.
Beyond the quality services provided so far to reputable clients in North America, EU and Middle East, over the past decade, within more than 100 digital imaging projects across multiple industrial and non-industrial domains, SCDS has received well-earned recognition as a leading innovator in SPI.
SCDS currently operates as a group of turnkey service providers, application system developers and integrators, capacity builders, and technology promoters. SCDS is neither a traditional surveying nor a 3D laser scanning company. Our vision is that 3D laser scanning just offers a spatial data collection platform generating input data opportunities for the development of technologies, tools and application systems that can solve complex engineering problems and definitely improve the performance in design, manufacturing, construction, operation, maintenance, and QA/QI/QC. SCDS offers a complete package of solutions, which are implemented on a perfectly reliable and coherent digital imaging, data processing, (meta)data management and data configuration management platform.
SCDS's technological power and business attractiveness reside in:
- its capacity to cover any range of non-intrusive imaging;
- the experience and expertise in numerical analysis, software development/integration, and application development for practically any industrial and non-industrial domain;
- its BIM implementation concept, which is going to be of a great value in the upcoming years due to constant and diligent BIM implementation efforts, strategies and activities being carried out worldwide;
- its own (meta)data management system, metadataX™, quite unique and perfectly compatible with any external CAD, BIM and GIS system;
- the experience and expertise in specialized industrial training, education and capacity building;
- the data processing, modeling and analysis capabilities and capacities allowing us to respond promptly and effectively to clients' requirements and requests, from HD Documentation to System Simulation Design and Integration.
SCDS developed applications in a multitude of domains as follows:
- Construction/Building Engineering
- Cladding/Architectural Design and Inventory
- Urban Planning
- Automotive and Racing
- Ship/Maritime Technologies
- Historic/Archaeological Sites/Landmarks
- Artefacts Archiving
- Transportation, Bridges, Roads and Their Structures
- On-/Off-Shore Oil Rigs
- Mining and Mineral Processing
- Energy Systems
- Dams, Ports and Navigation Waterways Design and Retrofitting
- 3D Digital Archiving and Project Metadata Management
Movies and Virtual Tours
Quebec Patrimony, Ste-Genevieve Church cycloramic viewer...
SCDS's 3D Digital Museum, 3D Imaging of Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem...
Qal'at al-Bahrain Project... Data collection (3D laser scanning) workflow
What makes the Art Projects digitally powered by SCDS really unique
While all paintings are still in the artist's studio, the art gallery in Old Montreal scheduled the exhibition vernissage...
SCDS performed a cycloramic HD imaging, followed by a quick laser scan of the void gallery. Then full-size photographs of paintings were processed based on the metric information extracted from HDS data, and inputted into SCDS's tools for perspective transform and regeneration.
Finally, all paintings were digitally placed in the virtual gallery.
Visit the virtual gallery: once opened, for full-screen navigation, you can double-click on the gallery image, and then use the buttons displayed at the bottom of your screen.
Navigate into the metadataX project; you will experience an 'extremely visual' environment implementing a high-performance viewer for panoramic imaging and enhanced visualization through adaptive panoramic modes... Click here for login information and a quick start guide.
Enjoy the HD video tour of the virtual gallery...